8 servings, ½ each/Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 very ripe plantains ( when the skin is yellow with spots of black they’re perfect)
- cooking spray
This recipe couldn’t be easier. And it’s hands down delicious. Plantains are terrific with beans and rice, which make a tasty, easy and healthy meal for the whole family.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut the ends off of the plantains and peel.
- Cut each plantain on the diagonal into 1/2 inch slices.
- Arrange in single layer and coat tops with cooking spray.
- Bake, turning occasionally, for 10-15 minutes, until plantains are golden brown and very tender.
Nutrition Information: Per serving, >½ plantain
Calories Protein (g) Carbohydrate (g) FAT (g) Fiber (g) Sodium (mg) 110 2 28 0.3 2 3.5