The secret to healthy deep fried chicken is in the oven. Literally. Put the fryer away and put the chicken in the oven. It tastes great, cuts down on the fat, and is a cinch to prepare.
8 servings; 4 oz servings Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup bran flakes, crushed
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into even strips
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray cookie sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl. Mix egg whites and milk in small bowl. Dip chicken into egg mixture and coat with bran flakes. Place on cookie sheet, and spray with more cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then flip pieces and spray with more cooking spray. Continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information: Per Serving
|Recipe||Calories||Protein (g)||Carbohydrate (g)||FAT (g)||Fiber (g)||Sodium (mg)|