Everyone loves jerk chicken and we love this jerk recipe. It’s tasty, it’s easy and it’s sure to please everyone at dinnertime.
8 servings, 1 breast or drumstick /Total Time: (excluding marinating chicken): 40 minutes
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1½ teaspoons allspice, ground
- 1½ teaspoons black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper, crushed, dried
- 2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
- 2 teaspoons thyme, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, pureed or finely chopped
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 pieces chicken, skinless (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in large bowl. Rub seasonings over chicken and marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours or longer.
- Space chicken evenly on nonstick or lightly greased baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30–40 minutes or until the meat can easily be pulled away from the bone with a fork.
Nutritional Information: Per Serving
|Calories||Protein (g)||Carbohydrate (g)||FAT (g)||Fiber (g)||Sodium (mg)|