Our Live Light Live Right children joined Slow Food NYC with URBAN HARVEST at UJIMA, a tuition-free, 5-day educational workshops, urban farm community resource. It’s located at Ujima Garden, 660 New Jersey Avenue, East New York, Brooklyn.
Daily activities typically included:
- A Movement Lesson (moderate exercise)
- A Gardening and Composting Lesson (a “how-to” demonstration)
- Farm Chores (hands-on planting, tending, composting, and harvesting)
- A Good Food Class (based on Slow Food principles of Good, Clean, and Fair Food for All)
- Sharing Good Food (preparing and enjoying a healthful lunch, based on local, seasonal, largely plant-based ingredients).
The workshops were held August 22nd through August 26th, 2016. Each day we were provided with the different curriculum to help our children learn more about the slow food concept ‘Food that is Good, Clean, and Fair for All’.